Customer Service

Took myself off for a haircut the other day. I was beginning to look a bit like a hippy so I couldn't put it off any longer. I decided to use the scissor shop next to the local Co-op, it's close to where I live and I needed to drop some medical gear off just round the corner anyway so in I went. The hairdresser was busy cutting the hair on one woman while another older lady was cooking under the dryer. I parked my bum and waited patiently to have my ears lowered. Mrs elderly hairdryer went 'ding' and the scissor lady said she'd be a couple of minutes while she finished cutting the other womans hair. This took her a moment or two and she kept saying sorry to me and the hairdryer lady as she was on her own and 'Mario' had let her down, again! "Just can't get the staff can ya!" Or can you...
When the first woman was finished paid up and had left, the snipper said sorry to me again for having to wait while she sorted out the formerly dryer, now curler woman. Curler woman then goes for the purse and brings out the plastic which she hands over to scissors. Scissors then walks out of the shop, much to the confusion of me. The old girl must have noticed this because she starts to explain to me that "the young girl always goes to the cashpoint for me you know, cos my eyes aren't what they should be" When scissors comes back she hands over the cash and the plastic then helps old girl on with her coat. She says that she has taken the money for the hair-do and helps old girl with the purse handbag combo. Then old girl takes a seat while I shuffle over to the big black seat in front of the mirror. Scissors asks me what I want which as it turned out was just a five minute job, so scissors says to old girl, "I'll just do this gents cut, then I'll drive you home Mrs Whatever-her-name-was." Call me old fashioned but that is above and beyond the call of duty. Hair cuts, banking, taxi service and all quite a bit cheaper than the place I usually use, closer to home with easier parking too. Now I'm all for looking after the customer, lets face it, my customers usually need looking after in more ways than one. But when was the last time any of you came across customer service that made you want to open the laptop and tell people about it? How many times have any of you blokes out there, had a short back n' sides and wanted to tell people about it? Ladies, if you need a bit of pamperin' and good customer service then pop into the little place in Whitley next to the post office and the Co-op, tell em Steve sent ya! Then wait for the girl with the scissors to say "Steve Who?"

Comments

Mark said…
It is excellent that you were able to observe such great customer service. It is a shame that this is news! Excellent customer services should be the norm not the exception.
Steve said…
I couldn't agree more Mark, this should be the case... One day maybe?

Popular Posts