HAPPY NATIONAL PERSONAL SAFETY DAY!
Public transport in the UK is actually very safe but incidents do happen and it makes sense to take a few simple precautions. So why not improve your Personal Safety by following the tips below when you’re travelling home tonight!
· Plan your journey and know which stop you need
· Check arrival times in advance to avoid a long wait
· Always try to wait for your train or bus in a busy, well lit place
· Have your ticket/pass ready, away from your wallet or purse
· If you feel concerned about your safety you should sit close to the driver
· If you are on a tube/train, always try to sit in a carriage where there are other people
For more safety tips and further information about National Personal Safety Day go to www.suzylamplugh.org/npsd09
You can also help friends and colleagues by forwarding this information to them.
Visit them @ www.suzylamplugh.org
Follow them @ http://twitter.com/live_life_safe