Another Long Way Down

Unfortunately this is nothing to do with Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman riding their bikes half way round the world, yet!

This is about an idea I had. It’s a mad, crazy idea but it's an idea all the same.
On 22nd March 2010, I start a journey. My wife is going to take me to Reading station, Rail Air are going to take me from there to my terminal at Heathrow where I’ll fly BMI to Glasgow. I am getting fed by an Accor Hotel, given a bed for the night and breakfast in the morning. So far, all off this travel and accommodation has been given to me free of charge. The only problem is that all the travel is on one-way tickets, so it looks like I’ll just have to walk back to Reading, via Leeds. That’s 500+ miles on foot. I shall be doing this trip, not only because I can (I hope) but because I want to raise money for some much needed lifesaving equipment for Community First Responders. I also want to raise money and awareness for Rays of Sunshine Children's Charity. I need as much support as possible. (Some people say I need some sort of therapy, but that's another story) You can find more details on my web http://www.steveblethyn.co.uk/

 

Anything that won’t fit into my new rucksack (I don’t have it yet) stays at home. I shall be carrying all my food, clothing and a sleeping bag. Hopefully I can get the boots in time to break them in and after that distance on tarmac I’ll need a second pair. I think lightweight will be the order of the day, or 10 days to be exact.

Any support I receive, however small, I shall be making public in local and national press, Hopefully Country Walking Magazine, on TV and the World Wide Web.


Thank You for your time

BREAKING NEWS 


I now have the boots, sleeping bag, stove etc... (thanks Santa)
The flight up is booked (and nobody can cancel this one)

I still need a Bivvy and food, so if anyone is desperate to show their support for a couple of worthwhile causes

Comments

Joolz Arbuckle said…
Sounds like a wonderful plan! Well done getting the freebies so far and good luck with the rest of the outstanding kit and fundraising. Sounds like it'll be a wee adventure for you :)

Popular Posts